Account Executive Job available at VirtualStudio.TV in Cambridge
8th October 2012 by Rachel Willis
We’re on the lookout for a bright and motivated Account Executive to swell the ranks of the VirtualStudio.TV team.
You’ll get to work on real projects from day one in this role - you’ll handle clients, help organise video shoots and virtual events as well as manage our Social Media presence. If we do say so ourselves, it’s a brilliant opportunity for someone who is itching to get started in the industry.
We are an innovative, fast-growing and ambitious company that has developed a new way of producing and streaming videos and virtual events. We want to add a new member to the team as we look to expand the business further in 2013. If you have a passion for video production and are hankering to kick-start a career in the industry then please read on dear reader…
About your role
If a placid kind of office role where the days tick over at a sloth-like pace is what you’re looking for, then we have to be honest and say up front that this is not the role for you! This is a lively position in a rapidly growing company, and we’re after someone who will relish the fact that no two days are ever the same.
From day one you’ll be working with our most valuable asset: our clients. We regularly work with major international and FTSE 100 companies, and it will be your job to identify and anticipate their communication needs and help them to convey their messages in an effective way. You’ll help to develop creative video solutions, and ensure that production and delivery is a smooth and organised process from start to finish. You’ll act as our client’s go-to person and ideally you’ll have customer handling experience and a passion for media production. You’ll also need a hawk’s eye for detail and hands on experience of working with Microsoft programmes and the main social media platforms. You’ll be based in our Cambridge studio but there may be the occasional client visit or location shoot you’ll need to go to, so bear in mind the odd spot of travel may be needed.
The starting salary will be between £16,500 and £18,500 depending on experience.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with clients to organise scripts and supporting material for use in video and virtual event productions.
- Assisting with producing the content needed to create a successful video: preparation of shoot schedules, call sheets and sourcing relevant pictures, sound and video files.
- Managing the company calendar and organising shoot times.
- Managing our YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn pages – you’ll become a recognised face of the company
- You have excellent communication and writing skills – you’re an email craftsman in particular
- Your interpersonal skills are brilliant and you’re confident and professional when dealing with high profile clients
- You’re an organisational ninja and your time management skills are well-honed
- You genuinely enjoy working as part of a team – but you won’t throw your toys out the pram if asked to work independently on a project
- You’re enthusiastic, resourceful, and capable of using your own initiative
- Your eye for detail would rival a CSI’s
- You’re ambitious and aspire to do great things (ideally in the work setting but we’re cool if you’re planning to solve global warming)
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
- A good working knowledge of YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop, Premiere, Encore and/or other Adobe Creative Suite programmes would be useful, but is not essential.
We’d love to see candidates with an impressive educational background and qualifications/degrees would certainly impress. Even more important though, is your enthusiasm for the industry and a keen willingness to learn.
Your next step
If you feel like this description floats your boat/tickles your pickle/cocas your cola, and you want to join a company where your talents will be recognised, cultivated and rewarded then we want to hear from you.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to us at the following email address:Rachel@VirtualStudio.TV. Alternatively you can pop it in the post and send it to:
25 Signet Court