Videographer and Video Editor Job available at VirtualStudio.TV in Cambridge
29th August 2013 by Lindsey Kennedy
Update - December 2013
We are delighted to announce that Peter Wilson has joined VirtualStudio.TV and has filled this position.
We are always on the look out for people to join our team in the future. If you are interested in working with us please do contact us today.We’re on the lookout for a bright, motivated Videographer and Video Editor to join the VirtualStudio.TV team in December 2013.
We are an innovative, fast-growing, ambitious company that has developed a new way of producing and streaming videos and virtual events. We want to add a new member to the team as we look to expand our business in 2014. If you have a passion for video production and are hankering to kick-start a career in the industry then please read on!
You’ll take the lead in filming and editing both conventional and green screen material, including videos in the studio, onsite client interviews and B Roll. There’ll also be plenty of opportunities to try your hand at live vision mixing during our Virtual Events, and you’ll have full responsibility for the production of the content and management of our YouTube page.
Full training on a NewTek TriCaster (the magic box that helps us produce our videos) will be given, so don’t fret if you’re not familiar with that technology - we don’t expect you to be!
While you’ll largely be working from our Cambridge studio in this role, this won’t always be the case so you’ll have to be willing to heave yourself out of our comfy office chairs and get on the road. We have grand plans for world domination, and to help grow the business over the coming year, you’ll regularly be out and about with our Mobile Studio (though always with at least one other member of the VS team so you won’t be too much of a lonely soul).
This is a company where your contribution will be counted and your ideas will be listened to. If we do say so ourselves, this is a brilliant opportunity for the right person.
Salary £17,000-£19,000 depending on experience
We are a small, close knit company and teamwork is really important to us. As well as having key skills/experience, we’re looking for someone who has the right attitude and will be a perfect fit.
- You’re bright, enthusiastic and keen to work as part of a production team.
- You’re a technically savvy problem solver with a creative flair
- You’re skilled in filming and editing video using professional equipment and editing software
- Your experience of working with people in front of the camera has given you the ability to calm nerves & encourage good responses from inexperienced interviewees
- You’re a paradigm of composure – you stay calm under pressure and won’t be flustered if improvisation is needed to get the job done
- You’re proactive and ready to take the initiative/ownership of creative projects
- You have the confidence and creativity to put forward your ideas – we want someone who will make their voice heard
- Experience of handling professional camcorders/DSLRs. (We currently use JVC GY-HM700E cameras)
- Experience of setting up audio and lighting for shoots and the confidence to do this on location
- An abundance of editing experience using Adobe Premiere
- Confident YouTube user with experience of uploading and adding additional information to videos
- A full clean driver’s license
- A range of skills across the Adobe Creative Suite with major emphasis on Photoshop, After Effects and Encore would be ideal.
- Knowledge and understanding of HTML and CSS coding, including using Dreamweaver, would be a real bonus
- Experience of working on corporate/paid jobs would be a big advantage
- DSLR photography skills would be beneficial
- An impressive educational background and qualifications/degrees would certainly impress - even more important though, is your attitude, enthusiasm for the industry and a keen willingness to learn.
Your next step
If the above has piqued your interest and you’re keen to join a company where your talents will be recognised, cultivated and rewarded then we want to hear from you. Please send your CV and a covering letter to us at Lindsey@VirtualStudio.TV
As experience and demonstrable skills are so important for this role, it’s essential that you can show examples of your previous work and experience – please send them through with your application.
Alternatively you can pop it in the post and send it to: