Why You Should Use a Video Instead of a PowerPoint Presentation
23rd May 2011 by Sean Malone
Over the last year we have made a number of product developments at VirtualStudio.TV and I am very pleased to be able to announce the launch of our brand new “Presentation Video” offering. Over the last 25 years I have suffered, as I am sure you have too, from many bouts of “death by PowerPoint”. You know exactly the type of business presentations I mean - full of text, hard to read and almost impossible to understand!
Our new product allows people to combine their speech and presentation into one easy to view and understand video that can be shared with a global audience via the internet.
The ingredients needed to create Video PowerPoint are simple. We shoot a presenter in front of a green screen, add some PowerPoint and then mix the ingredients together to create a compelling video, which you can stream to the web, email as a WMV file, or share with your audience on YouTube.
To give you a feeling of what the finished product looks like, we made an example YouTube video of Rachel explaining this on our website in the video below:
Having been in the industry for what feels like a lifetime I can give you 10 reasons why I am excited about this new product and why I think it can benefit anyone who regularly delivers business presentations:
1. They look very cool. The presenter can stand, sit, or walk around inside PowerPoint slides. The visual effect is stunning and by combining the two items together, produces a very easy to absorb final product for the viewer.
2. They are very easy to create. All you need is a basic knowledge of PowerPoint, plus a Word script for you to read. We can help you at every stage to make sure you are all set before we press “record”.
3. You don’t have to do the presentation. We know not everyone likes to be in front of the camera so you can select one of our presenters to create the video for you instead.
4. You can include text and pictures. In fact you can include all your favourite PowerPoint features and transitions too.
5. You can include video. You can embed the video to play ‘inside’ a slide, or you can play the video full screen with your presenter standing in front of it. We can work with you and give you guidance as to what will work best in your final video.
6. We can host your videos online for you. We are used to dealing with important messages and appreciate that you don’t want all your videos to find their way on to YouTube! We can host your videos on one of our password protected secure video streaming sites to make sure only your intended audience gain access to your presentation.
7. We can help you to create your slides. We have more than 25 years’ experience in creating PowerPoint presentations for corporate clients and can help design your slides in preparation for your video.
8. You can add additional camera angles to your video. Using our live video editing facilities we can use a range of shots on your video including wide, mid and tight shots. These help to give a nice flow to your video and also emphasise key points.
9. It is a very fast process. A five minute video takes about 5 minutes to make because we make it ‘broadcast’ real time. There is no need for expensive post editing – once you are finished the video is done!
10. You can have your finished Presentation Video in any file format you like. We can save your finished video as WMV, DVD, DV tape, Silverlight, Flash or even VHS if you like! We are happy to create different versions for YouTube and other social networking sites too.
We are all really excited here about the potential of our new “Presentation Videos” product. If you would like to find out more, please do get in touch with us. You are very welcome to come and visit us and see how it all works.
You may also like these posts and pages:
- How to Create a Great PowerPoint Presentation - 10 Top Tips
- We Can Show You How to Convert Business PowerPoint Presentations into YouTube Videos
- Visit the PowerPoint Presentation page of our website
Please sign up for our monthly Video Email Newsletter: